DjangoBooks.com

Michael Collins Updates (Favino/Book/Selmer #678)

CollinsguitarCollinsguitar Phoenix, ArizonaNew
Hello everyone,

I have some photos of Carl Millwards beautiful new Favino style instrument posted on the website (thanks Dan!). The guitar is based on a 1961 Favino that belongs to Andre Seguinot of Toronto. I have been feverishly drawing up builders plans for that instrument which will be available to interested parties here in the next few weeks.

http://www.collinsguitar.com/gallery2.htm

I also had Jesse Barksdale in the shop this past Friday with Selmer #678 (1947) and had an extensive chance to make measurements of the instrument and have come up with some terrific and quite shocking information regarding the construction of these things.
This guitar will also be fully drafted and will be available as builders plans in the near future.

For all of you who have been patiently waiting for the book, you will be pleased to know that I finished revising the text as of yesterday afternoon (Nov 7, 2005), and have sent the text off to Wayne Nakamura who will be typesetting and adjusting the layout. I am hoping to have the final draft ready for print sometime in December or early January.
The book is well over 250 pages and is full of diagrams and wonderful photos by Wayne Nakamura.

Any inqurys may be posted to my email adress.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks
Michael Collins

Comments

• ViejoVatoViejoVato New
    hello from the sunny SW ....
    Michael will be giving a seminar at DFSw this year Take a look:
    www.dfsw.net
    He is donating some of his time to building a Favino for raffle.
    We are a non-profit and this will help support the local Maels-on-Wheels program ...

Great chance to win one of these stellar instrunments...

miller
    aka ViejoVato
    "I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"
    my granny 'Meme' Foster circa 1998 at age 102
    Django Jerry Jam - home grown GJ & Dead Ahead pickin'
    http://www.DjangoJerryJam.com