DjangoBooks.com

Biréli Lagrène Bloopers and playing Violin

Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 457
Here are some videos of Biréli. The first is a blooper reel and the others are from an open-air concert in Germany in 2010. I thought this was worth showing. Not too many people have seen these yet.

Bloopers

Playing Violin on Them There Eyes

Improvised Solo

Manoir De Mes Rêves

For more videos from this concert, have a look at the uploader's channel derofficer at http://www.youtube.com/user/derofficer/videos

Comments

• kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    edited April 2012 Posts: 298
    It is both reassuring and frightening that someone as good as Florin can still have musical brain farts.

Does anyone know enough Rom to tell me what they made that French reporter say?
  • MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    I've been replaying the first video for weeks now. So awesome to see that these guys have a sense of humor to match their musical skill. Bireli is funny as hell, and he plays one of the best improvisations i've heard on Djangology at the end of the vid.
  • roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    AE...I dig these as well... I have watched the t-top vid of solo guitar pretty much every month since the fall...Thnx for the post

MY current fav. Bireli indulgence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cvUnUfm ... re=related
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the share Roch. I didn't even know a guitar could make some of those sounds he tickles out of the strings. Sure he's a virtuoso.
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Also thanks for posting the link to the other videos on Youtube.

I'd never listened to Hansche Weiss before and really liked his playing.

SP
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    These videos are great, Bireli's a big unit though isn't he?
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Ahab wrote:
    These videos are great, Bireli's a big unit though isn't he

He's the 'biggest unit' as far as I'm concerned. He's proof that the Django tradition can be respected without having to always look backwards to the past.

SP
  • AhabAhab GB✭✭
    Couldn't agree with you more!