DjangoBooks.com

Wildfire in CO - hang in there, Eddy

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 1,471
Just a note of support for one of our own...I saw in today's news somewhere, cautious reports are that they feel they're at least getting an edge on this thing, but I've also seen the horrible devastation in Eddy's area. I know Archtop is battling with this horrible thing nearby, and from myself, and if I can be presumptive, a community of people helped by your generosity, you and your neighbors are in mind. Hang in there.
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks Paul for your message. I live in Manitou Springs and we are right at the edge of the fire. At one point it was blazing four stories tall less than a mile away. But these firefighters have been unbelievable! There's 1,500 of them and they fought with everything they have, around the clock, and held back the fire from our town, Colorado Springs and other communities in the area. We were evacuated for a time and are still on alert for another possible evacuation. But our homes and property are safe and our lives have been protected. Our neighboring community of Mountain Shadows wasn't as fortunate and lost 346 homes and 2 lives; however, the firefighters kept the flames from 85 percent of the homes. We are all in awe of these brave and dedicated people. The temperatures are cooling (at least not 100 plus degrees), the winds are slower, and even possible rain showers. I have a gig tomorrow night -- and for the first time ever, I'm hoping it will rain buckets--many buckets--during our show. AE
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Hey Eddy - I'm thinking of you too - after seeing the news I was wandering if you might've been effected...glad to hear you're hanging in there...I'll try to send some of our Portland showers your way...you're welcome to ship me your guitars for safe keeping... :D...seriously, best of luck buddy...
    cheers and see ya at DFNW
    Phil
  • Yow, so glad they came through for you folks Eddy.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Good news, Ed. It sounds like they sent in the A-team for you. ;-) Probably Inter-agency Hotshots.Those are some physically and mentally tough folks and darned good at what they do. Genuine heroes.

I'm glad to hear they were able to keep you & yours safe and that the weather conditions may be turning for the better.

Think cool wet thoughts
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Best wishes Eddy, I know that is a terrifying experience. We've been evacuated a number of times where I live. I just hooked the boat up to the truck, loaded the guitars, fishing gear, and surfboards and drove off. Luckily it didn't burn us out but I thought that was the last I would see of the house as I drove away.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks fellas for thinking of me and my family. All seems to be much better now. They have 80 percent containment of the fire meaning they have 80 percent of the fire's perimeter surrounded -- still burning like hades in the middle. The immediate threat that was right at the edge of our town of Manitou Springs is now also contained. -- And it rained yesterday, during our gig -- just as I hoped! AE
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    That's fantastic news, Ed.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Hey, Eddy, I'm glad to hear you are safe. Thanks be to whatever gods there may (or may not) be.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles