DjangoBooks.com

Recording not the same as tab/notation!

edited July 2012 in Gypsy Fire Posts: 9
Hi,

Just registered here so I could point out an interesting "mistake" I found while playing along to the Gypsy Fire recordings...

At bar 37 (beginning of 3rd chorus) of Minor Swing, the notation and tab both show minor6 arpeggios (Am6 & Dm6). On the recordings of the solo Andreas plays diminished arpeggios instead.

Based on the info in the licks section of the book I'm assuming the written minor 6 arpeggios were the intended versions, although the diminished runs over the progression sound great anyway!

Would be interesting to hear more about this, and to see if anyone has noticed anything similar elsewhere in the book.

Cheers,
Kyle

Comments

• I have found over the years that proofreading/prooflistening are not always up to snuff :shock:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • makabeymakabey New
    Thanks for the note.

I remember that I was working on this passage quite some time ago. And it was extremely difficult to execute the m6 arps at this speed - technique wise and fretboard orientation wise. Maybe the dim.arps are easier.

There is also another passage with different notes played as notated. It is the second half of bar 42 in the China Boy Solo.

The notes notated are: d, c, b, c (frets 10, 8, 9, 10) --> high e-string
    The notes played are: e, d, c#, 10 (frets 12, 10, 9, 10) --> high e-string

Best,
    makabey