DjangoBooks.com

Le Village De La Colere screening in Paris

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
edited August 2012 in History Posts: 513
Looks like the film with Django's score will be shown in October:

http://www.citedelamusique.fr/francais/ ... spx?id=445

Do we know what Django's contribution was?

Comments

• Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    It's a massive one-month exhibition on Django Reinhardt featuring many rare photographs and the like. My friend's very reliable source says that Django doesn't play on the soundtrack. But he still helped compose it which makes the tunes in the soundtrack Half-Django Compositions.

I can't make it to Paris but eventually I might get to hear the soundtrack or see the film. It will be interesting to see if the tunes made it into Django's repertoire as known compositions or if they're completely new.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Hello
    according to the presentation of the exhibition and concerts planned at the Cité de la Musique, I'm not sure that Django really played in this movie. But the music was composed by Django : for instance, there is a version of Manoir de mes reves (Django's castle), arranged by Andre Hodeir. And maybe there is lyrics over the original melody of Django.

That's all I know. But when I'll go to the exhibition in October I can give you more information
    (I'm happy to live in Paris :)
    Thanks PapsPier! I read that Django had big plans and wanted choirs from the opera in the soundtrack, as told by André Hodeir.
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    Svanis1337 wrote:
    It's a massive one-month exhibition on Django Reinhardt featuring many rare photographs.....

The exhibition is actually on from 6th October, 2012 to 23rd January, 2013.
    Hi Roger! Yes that's almost five months long!