DjangoBooks.com

FS: Dell Arte Minor Swing

MikeMike Minnesota✭✭
edited February 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 15
For sale: Dell Arte Minor Swing, serial number: 0101390. I believe this guitar was made about 1999-2000. It was handcrafted by John Kinard in San Diego, CA. I purchased it from Willies American Guitars in Saint Paul, Minnesota. It is loud, brash, and has been described as very gypsy in its sound. It projects and cuts. Except for a few surfaces nicks, it is in excellent condition. I upgraded the tail piece and had a Bigtone bridge/pickup installed both supplied by ****. I have gigged with this guitar and it has served me well, but in recent years it has been sitting in its case not being played. Included are the original tailpiece and OHSC. Asking price: $1500.

Mike, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Comments

• MikeMike Minnesota✭✭
    Still for sale!
    Do you know what the top, sides and back are made of?

Thank You
    rp
  • MikeMike Minnesota✭✭
    I believe the top is sitka spruce and the back and sides mahogany (not palo escrito). I'll double check with **** and let you know
    Is this a traditional Selmer scale length and is it Selmer or Favino Body style?
    I've looked online for specs on this model and haven't found anything, if you find anything forward me the website.

Thank You again,
    rp
  • MikeMike Minnesota✭✭
    Correction: I spoke with Alain and his record say it is Rosewood back and sides (Rosewood not Palo Escrito), top is Sitka Spruce, and neck is Mahogany. He says a Minor Swing with Rosewood back and sides is rare, since Mahogany was standard, but they did make a few.
    The guitar was finished in January 2001 and sold through Willie's American Guitars in Saint Paul where I bought it.
    The body style is modeled after Selmer and has a 26.4" (670 mm) scale length. If you look through through Michael's archive on this site of guitars he's sold, you'll find a few with specs.
  • chip gulbrochip gulbro Huntsville, AlNew
    still available?
    thanks
    When in doubt-listen.
  • seb78seb78 New
    hi there...are you willing to negotiate on the price?

many thanks,
    Seb
  • MikeMike Minnesota✭✭
    SOLD!