DjangoBooks.com

Bridge position, guitar shipping w/bridge off...

kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
Hello,

My Altamira M01 is being shipped to me with the bridge off for safety.

I'm wondering how to place it when it arrives.

Is is merely a matter of tuning the 12th fret harmonic and moving the bridge to tune it as one would set the harmonics on an electric?

I have just ordered from eBay 'Setting up the Selmer Gypsy Jazz guitar video on DVD', but my guitar will get here sooner than that resource.

Thanks.

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Basically, yes - that's about right for the intonation.

Don't worry about the setup vid arriving afterward because you don't want to do anything to set it up for at least a month. Guitars move around a bit as they get used to their new surroundings (the temperature / humidity variance common in your house - and the way you care for the guitar / humidify / case or stand & etc.) This is particularly true for GJ guitars which have arched tops meaning that expansion/contraction of the soundboard can move the action up/down by half a millimeter without breaking a sweat. Once you're used to the guitar and it's used to your digs & gigs, then decide if it plays well or if you want to adjust the setup... otherwise you're going to be trying to hit a moving target.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Well I would just put the bridge in between the moustaches

If you change your action later the bridge may need to moved slightly
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    Well I would just put the bridge in between the moustaches

If you change your action later the bridge may need to moved slightly

Hi Constantine. Yesterday when I read this I didn't know what you were talking about. Today I got the guitar and it makes sense now. The bridge fits in between 'the moustache'. I was not aware of that. From the picture I thought the bridge was only one piece like on my jazz electric.

Thanks!

The guitar sounds amazing too and I booked off work tomorrow (*cough*cough*) so I can play it all day :lol: