DjangoBooks.com

Basic Question About L'Esprit Manouche Book

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited January 2006 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 551
Hi

Are the songs from which the exercises are taken the ones on the audio portion of the CD? Are the titles anywhere?

Thanks ... :?

Comments

• vincevince Davis & San Francisco, CANew
    I just bought that book two days ago, and it's a real good one. I love his exercises and the songs he choose. Anyways, the CD tracks are labeled in the very back. There is a list of all the audio files and the CD tracks can be separated from the midi ones because they are grouped together (same song, different parts). So it says something like 005 mid - chapter 01 - 02 03 04 - theme and chorus 1 & 2 of "Swing for Ninine". Those are the audio tracks from the CD. most exercises are in midi format, and are named the same name as in the back of the book (right after the tribute section).

Has anyone noticed that Django's name is not in this book once? or at least I can't find it... but then again I just got it.

hope this helps, and enjoy the book...

V
    I don't know whether I'll ever be an excellent player if I keep practicing, but I'm absolutely sure I won't be if I stop.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    I assumed what you said was the case, but I count 13 songs and 18 tracks, perhaps some bonus tracks at the end?

Anybody a little further in that can clear this up?

• KcoxKcox Montreal, QCNew
    Some of the songs are divided up into two tracks where the theme is not followed directly by the guitar solo (they clipped out the non-guitar solos).

Cheers,

Kevin