DjangoBooks.com

Bireli - I can't give you anything but love - DVD

GildasGildas FranceNew
edited May 2006 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 8
Hi to all!

Here's a killer lick which Bireli plays on "I can't give you..." on the famous DVD, with the incredible Serge Krief. They play the song in F, as Serge likes it.
http://kkkccchhh.free.fr/bireli_icant.ptb

And Dennis, I want my extra brownie points, so...
http://kkkccchhh.free.fr/yngwie.ptb

Gildas

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    haha comme on se retrouve gildas... je ne t ai pas oublie, t auras ton dvd... sinon a samois!

anyway here´s another a cool sweep arpeggio that i stole from adrien... who did it in samois 2005 on swing gitan

over Ab

[code]
    e-------11-6-----------
    b-----9------9-----------
    g---8----------8---------
    d-6--------------6-------
    a-----------------------
    e-----------------------
    [/code]
    works well as 16th notes, sweep down, then sweep up... no gypsy picking...
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    wait a minute, i just opened it... i transcribed that lick too a while ago

in fact i showed this one to robin this morning... and he showed me a cool angelo one
  • GildasGildas FranceNew
    The links are not valid anymore, so here are the JPG...
  • GildasGildas FranceNew
    and for the Yngwie-lick...
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    Hi Gildas!
    What's up with Serge Krief at the moment? Is he making any new cd's etc.? Some of his electric stuff in the Benson-style is nice, I would like to hear more of that..
    Best Regards
    Andreas
  • GildasGildas FranceNew
    Hej Andreas!

Since I am back in Rennes for a few months to finish my studies, I' m not in Paris & I don't know anything new about Serge's bop album project at the moment. The two tracks "Acid Bop" & "Why Not" on his website are absolutely killer!

Jag hade också tur, för Serge visade mig hos honom några av sina nya låter & vi kunde spela de tillsammans. De är absolut killer funk & precis i samma stil som de 2 andra...
    Jag skriver ett mejl til dig för resten ;-)

Gildas
  • VickVick New
    Hello!
    We have to wait september or october to listen Serge Krief's new album with Lonnie Smith (usualy play Hammond with G. Benson) :D
    Vick
    Vick wrote:
    Hello!
    We have to wait september or october to listen Serge Krief's new album with Lonnie Smith (usualy play Hammond with G. Benson) :D
    Vick

:shock:
    I saw Dr Lonnie Smith play the B3 with our local band, Crash (whom he plays with quite frequently), and I gotta say he's a monster of a player! Total character and totally friendly guy too. Wow, this record sounds like it's going to be killer.