DjangoBooks.com

2012 bob holo for sale

rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
edited May 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 605
Well it was but someone just bought it before I got a chance to finish writing.
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell

Comments

• Hah.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    :idea:

Perhaps Bob would consider selling some future Holo guitar via a lottery open to djangobooks.com members only... say we all were to pay twenty bucks a ticket for a chance to buy the guitar, with proceeds going to "Django in June" scholarship fund or some other worthy cause..

Whoever held the winning ticket, to be drawn by Michael Horowitz on a given date, would still have to pay regular price for the guitar, so Bob wouldnt get stiffed...

Just a suggestion...

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Id buy one
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I think the OP was joking though...

Ed had some kind of tongue-in-cheek suggestion similar to that a couple months ago - I think he suggested that a good idea for a guitar would be a lefty Favino... haha... or maybe it was Gary... Anyway, it was a while back.

But seriously - all that would do is irritate people. I'm so damned slow about these things that it would just drive people nuts.

Speaking of being slow... with any luck I'll be (slowly) getting underway with the next bunch later today, so hold the fort down while I'm away from the keyboard. Actually... thank God... it's overdue. Djangobooks forum is really fun, but it turns into a wonderful procrastination mechanism for me when I get tired of looking at numbers. (and don't even tell me I'm the only one... how many of you guys scan the forum at work?? Ahh... thought so ;-)

Anyway, before every batch there's always a big number crunch to figure out what I learned from the previous guitars and it amounts to a lot of excel and cad and number juggling and looking for changes in patterns based on changes in underlying variabls. So by the time I start building I'm so tired of using the computer I don't even want to look at it for a while... lol.

So.. hold the fort & catch you on the flipside.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I'd love one. It's finally come to the point where my gigging guitar is getting a little bit tired and in need of retirement, I play four gigs a week and need something easy on the wrist and even easier on the bank balance. I Need a rich widow to link up with,inherit a million bucks ' and when she died it came to me, I can't help it, if I'm lucky' etc
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell