DjangoBooks.com

USDA okays travel with Guitars

seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
edited June 2013 in Welcome Posts: 115
Not sure if this is the right spot for this post, but here's an article from the LA Times about traveling with instruments. It would appear that it's now okay to re-enter the United States with a Brazilian Rosewood guitar without filing a bunch of Lacey Act paperwork.

The article: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... 8725.story

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's huge. Thanks for posting, Seeirwin.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Finally. Someone in government decides to apply a little common sense. It's about time.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Too late for me to get to DIJ as I had planned

Bummer, have to try again next year. I really didnt want my guitar to get lost in some bureaucratic nightmare.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    I don't think we should be grateful for them reversing something that they should never had done to begin with.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks Seeriwin for the info. I didn't see any reference in the article about non-wood materials such as abalone but hopefully common sense will prevail there as well. AE