DjangoBooks.com

WTB/ Gypsy Jazz Guitar up to $1000.

harry65harry65 Sunny south Florida Georg Gose
edited June 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 13
hi boys, well like the title says looking for a nice GJG to play and mess around on , looking for long scale and petite bouche although a long scale 14 fret D might also be fine , lemme know what ya got , thanks and god bless, harry :D

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Harry,

Under $1K, your best bet is an Altamira. See:

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/Category/Altamira

Everything in that price range is Asian made. The Alatamiras are much closer to the sound and feel of the high-end French guitars than anything else you'll find. Amazing projection and the tone is quite nice for the price.

Michael
  • harry65harry65 Sunny south Florida Georg Gose
    thanks michael , might do that , otherwise anyone have a gently or not so gently owned GJG out there????? :shock: :shock: :D
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Harry, if you'll be at Django in June I have a starter guitar which I might be willing to sell you there if you can't find anything else in your price range.. It's a Chinese made Selmer copy called an "Aria"... Let me know.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Michael knows whereof he speaks. You can't beat the Altamira in the sub-1K price range, unless you find a really good deal on a secondhand guitar.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles