DjangoBooks.com

Best Jazz album of the Century

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited June 2013 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 766
KEITH JARRETT / CHARLIE HADEN ~ 'JASMINE'

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Intriguing. What's the level of Jarrett grunting on this album? I LOVE "The Melody At Night With You" but haven't found any other Jarrett that I've liked as much.

Adrian
  • Which century are we talking about???
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Keith Jarrett??? Best album???
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • The best selling jazz album of all time is still Kind of Blue

All other commentary comes under the term favourite...best is such a personal thing. :mrgreen:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    adrian wrote:
    Intriguing. What's the level of Jarrett grunting on this album? I LOVE "The Melody At Night With You" but haven't found any other Jarrett that I've liked as much. Adrian

...grunting level is barely noticeable, which makes a pleasant change...if you LOVE The Melody at night, then Jasmine is a must listen for you, some of the most magnificent, sensitive, beautiful piano/bass playing on record. Phenomenal recording by 2 master musicians in their prime, with an amazing selection of tunes, some rarely played/lesser known ballads. Lots of gorgeous ballads on this recording and a fine example of how to create beauty with less notes!

...I'm referring to the current century (of course)

~Phil
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    the bad plus.
    It's definitely not the "best" album of the past hundred years, but my favorite jazz album was one of the first albums I heard growing up: Wes Montgomery's Road Song.
    RoadSong.jpg