DjangoBooks.com

the FINAL SPRINT to DIJ !! What are YOU doing to prepare ?

2»

Comments

• Pretty much, Jayson. I've been practicing the lack of sleep thing every Thursday night. I'm at an admirable 5 hours before work on that single night, but you sound like you got it down. Bourbon and wine killed me last year. I've prepped, again with the band, on Thursday evenings. I can claim that it counts as I often work a 9 hour day and then play until about 1am, waking by 6am, usually with alcohol allowed. When I wasn't smoking and was running, I called this "maintaining fitness."
    I'm gonna fake the rest.
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Debauchery plain and simple. I am offended by you heathens !! Offended I tell you !!

:shock:

I'll be the guy giving the disapproving stare while simultaneously wagging his finger :wink:

Anthony
  • Greg in PrtGreg in Prt Portland, OR✭✭ Dupont MDC50
    I don't know, but from what I'm reading I'm thinking that some of you might be a little bit younger than me. Anyway, here's my preparations...

Getting together my week's supply of Metamucil and prune juice.

Packing my various vitamins and pills (high blood pressure, anti-inflammatories for arthritis, etc.).

Washing all my pairs of support hose.

Giving my dentures a good cleaning.

Taping my plane tickets to my forehead so I won't forget them.

Putting my guitar in front of the door so I won't forget it.

Make sure I have all my Medicare cards.

Well, that's about it. See you there...if I can find the place.
    Greg

"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." ~Author Unknown
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    It saddens me to say I won't be attending DiJ this year. It just wasn't in the cards for me. In the past two years I attended, I feel I made many close friends and was looking forward to seeing everyone again. I know those of you who are attending will have a blast! Play a round of Paquito for me, will ya?

One person who will be attending is first-time attendee Stefan Doucette, a super talented rhythm player who plays in my band. I know you'll make him feel welcome and give him the first-class treatment like you did for me.

For other first-time attendees (and those more forgetful types who've attended before), don't forget to bring an umbrella and good waterproof shoes. It rained both times I was there and I was glad I had 'em. If you have to buy stuff like toiletries -- or an umbrella -- check out the CVS store downtown. Go past all the boutique shops, where an umbrella with hand-painted butterflies or unicorns will run you $40, and go to CVS where you can get a nice plain black fold-up umbrella for like $5.

Have fun all! AE
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Eddie, this is sad business. It was close for me, too, but I managed to pull it off at the last minute. That said, I should be just north of Baltimore right now, so I am a wee bit behind schedule.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Eddie, this is sad business. It was close for me, too, but I managed to pull it off at the last minute. That said, I should be just north of Baltimore right now, so I am a wee bit behind schedule.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Drive safely and latcho drom my good friend Michael. May you and your 11 special friends have a grand time! AE
  • I was set to go and then got cold feet about crossing the border with my guitar. Bynthe time the smoke cleared and the all clear sounded it was too late to get organized. Next year. Hopefully a few of you will make it to DFNWthis year.

Enjoy your F1 trp Michael, I cannot fathom ow you got that manymgotars in cases in there. Is your luggagemon the roof?
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Jay, no roof mounting. I get them all inside, although it's a bit of Rubric's cube doing. I sent a picture to Mini last year and they put it on their website.

Eddie, it won't be the same without you. I remember last year, Friday morning. I told Andrew i'd lock up the dorm door when the jamming died down. I dutifully came out to do it when the last jammer left the Hotclub of Room 101, only to find the sun up, and your freshly-showered self ready for breakfast. I swear I never know how I survive it each year.

My plastic Mac sends greetings to your plastic Mac.