DjangoBooks.com

"You're Getting to be a Habit with Me"

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
My wife and I just celebrated our 40th anniversary with a big party Saturday night. She wanted to sing this song with my band, and it turned out pretty well except for the fact that my face is totally blocked by a music stand...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GdyiFIaGpN ... 3Dyoutu.be

(Remember Tim Allen's semi-visible next door neighbour on the TV show "Home Improvents"? He, too, was a "Wilson".)

Anyway, this is the kind of music I like to play, which is at least sort of in the same ball park as gypsy jazz...

Will
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Very nice, Will. I've been thinking about adding this song to my GJ band's repertoire - it would work quite well, and I'm surprised no one has done a GJ version (at least, not to my knowledge).

What kind of microphone is that?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013 Posts: 1,471
    That's awesome, Will - Way to go, man! Congratulations on many scores, and years more of the same kind of happiness!

(BTW - love the Wilson reference :D ....and just delightful, your wife, you and the rest of your crew, great tune, never heard it before. All I can see of you is your hand...and that's enough, says one guitarist to another)
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • jimvencejimvence Austin, TX✭✭
    My wife and I just celebrated our 40th anniversary ..

Will, congratulations to Pam and you. It is a testament to perseverance, whether it is 40 years with the same spouse, or the same guitar! My uncle and aunt in Toronto have been married for over 60 years, so there's your next milestone!

Speaking of Toronto, I wonder if only us folks from The Buffalo-Toronto region understood Mr. Bauer's amusing reference to the Variety Club Telethon ;0)
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    thanks, fellas. Dr Jazz's antique microphone was a flea market find, but it was quiet and prone to feedback, so we took the original innards out and replaced them with a right-angle Shure microphone... it's still a bit quiet and you have to get right up on top of it when you use it.

Jim, were you once a Buffalonian? guess the winters in Austin are a bit gentler...
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • jimvencejimvence Austin, TX✭✭

Jim, were you once a Buffalonian? guess the winters in Austin are a bit gentler...

Yes, born and raised in Niagara Falls, NY, USA, and lived there are Rochester most of my life until five years ago..more info offline via PM...