DjangoBooks.com

Minor Blues (1940) Transcription?

edited September 2013 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 1,231
Does anyone of an accurate transcription of Django's 1940 version? I'm just about finished, but can't figure out a workable fingering for the last 16th note section over the D7 chord in the last Django chorus. I've been trying to work these out with two fingers, so I'm looking fo folks who may have done his as well.
I don't write them down....I basically try to memorize them by rote, but I'm figuring the run would take place using around a D& voiced a the 10th fret.

Thanks
Jim

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    is that the very first version of minor blues? i've learned it before, you're talking about that last fast run he does? i just stay around the 10th position, it didn't seem too hard to figure out the fingering; it's all very doable with two fingers
  • Thanks Denis. The run is not terribly difficult with four fingers. Somehow, it just seems quite difficult with two, at least to me.

(As correction "D&" i the original post should have been "D7".)
  • One last appeal. If anyone has a written transcription of the last chorus, I would greatly appreciate it.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I found an obviously inaccurate tab but that was the only one that I found. I'm surprised that this one is not tabbed out. I've been meaning to work on this one anyway since it is one of the classics so I'll check out that passage. I looked at it a bit and I have not done much with 2-fingered transcriptions but I think as Dennis says it is pretty doable with 2 at the 10th fret position of D7b9 (if you use some 1st or 2nd finger slides) and is mostly an arp/harmonic minor lick. I think the only tricky spot is ascending during the last bit of it is the 'escalier' (stairs) diminished lick (I find this part more doable using 4 fingers and staying in the 10th fret position but that's because the escalier is still a bit tough for me at fast tempos to pull off cleanly).
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a bunch of Django transcriptions and other

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gy ... criptions/
  • lacrossehotclublacrossehotclub La Crosse WI✭✭✭ Dupont Nomade
    jkaz,
    Pardon the late reply... here's a few versions I've come across. No doubt the one from Denis is spot on, if you have powertab software to view it. Not sure of the accuracy of the other.

Steve
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Thanks for pointing to this repository - lots of good stuff I wasn't aware of.
    asd123321 wrote:
    Here is a bunch of Django transcriptions and other

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gy ... criptions/
  • Belated thanks for this.

Jim