DjangoBooks.com

rino's debut album and mini lesson!!

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited November 2013 in Welcome Posts: 2,159
So some of you were talking about having Rino record some short lessons last summer. Well I decided to make that happen... and we also recorded a CD. We're hoping to be able to release this album, so if you guys are willing to help make this happen, we'd totally appreciate it!

The album is recorded, but we have no plans of making any physical copies unless we reach our indiegogo goal, read more about it here

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rino- ... but-album/

we recorded 16 songs, and we plan to do two mixes, one with the old django style sound (watch the video in the indiegogo page), and one with a clean sound:

Thanks for checking it out, and please share it with people who might be interested in this!!!

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Denis, count me in.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Moi aussi, thank you so much for doing this, Denis!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • arjrarjr ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!!

Angelo
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    !!!

:-)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    thanks folks! for those curious, in the mini lesson, rino talks about his approach to rhythm playing, and talks about a few basic soloing concepts, tone and technique issues.. and finally he talks about interpreting melodies to make them swing more. he demonstrates this on a few standards, and then he solos as well.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Yay!
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    thanks for the support so far!

here's another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjxRTN5FiEk

i just finished working on the first mix of the album, will listen to it carefully , hopefully the digital release will be made available soon!
    we've had some very generous contributions and after one day, we're already halfway there!! thanks so much!

here's another video, again with the old sound

thanks to everyone who contributed, i'll be in touch shortly!
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Denis this is great! Count me in. I've always really enjoyed Rino's playing and his approach, I can't wait! Would be great to get him recorded with Lulu...or better still bring them both to DFNW 2014!!!
    thanks for doing this
    cheers
    Phil :D:D:D
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    :D

Sweet version of Sleepy time down south

Thanks again for all you do.

It's a honor and pleasure to be exposed to and support your hugh contribution to Gypsy Jazz. 8)

Beautiful back-up for the Rino's Harmonics solo, you really let Him shine.

I like the Black & White also.

pick on

pickitjohn