DjangoBooks.com

rino's debut album and mini lesson!!

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    :D
    Thanks again Dennis.

Congratulations on reaching your Goal in record time.

pick on

pickitjohn
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Hey, Denis, re: patrus53 ... cool tune!

Who wrote it?

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Denis, re: patrus53 ... cool tune!

Who wrote it?

Will

Hey Will, if you're talking the Patrus53 theme, I believe that's Rino himself who composed it.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    That last video was my favourite so far ..
    Do you care to share the tech details/how-to of the old-style mix, I like that sound
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Wouldn't it be awesome to see this group in concert next year at DiJ?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i don't think that 'll be possibly for logistical reasons, maybe 2015?? But you guys should let DFNW big boss Nick Lehr know that Rino is the real deal!

As Paul mentioned, rino composed the patrus 53 song.

Wim, we recorded with three mics, unfortunately, since we were on an extremely tight schedule, we did not have time to optimally place the mics.. a few things could have been improved. There was one mic closer to Tcha, one closer to Rino, and one between me and the bassist. The mic closer to Tcha should have been farther away from me and bass, likewise for mic closer to rino.. and the mic that i shared with the bass player should have been closer to the bass player..

Oh well... For the old style mix, i mainly cut off the high end and boosted a tiny bit of the bass end. I also use a plugin based on the Studer A800 (look it up); it really helps to get that analogue sound...

Anyway, thanks to everyone , we reached our goal!!! the CD is mixed and is being mastered in belgium, i'm hoping to have the CDs pressed in November, and out for shipping by December; it's all thanks to you guys!
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Dennis. This was a rare thing, and very grateful to you and Rino (and Tcha, and Vilmos Csikos, whom I've never before) for doing this. Can't wait.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • XjaxXjax Boston
    Thanks Dennis. This is a great project. I'm looking forward to listening to the final product.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Sorry to hear that this amazing group probably won't be able to make DiJ 2014.

:cry::cry::cry:

And also sorry for mis-spelling your name, Dennis. Don't know how I screwed that up.

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Hey Dennis,

What kind of microphones did you use ?

Anthony
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    oops sorry for the late reply Anthony : 2 sontronics mics, one condenser, another ribbon, and a Gefell M930

Anyway, I've sent the download links to everyone who supported the indiegogo project, you should have received an email, if not , please get in touch with me at misterdmmc AT g m a i l dot com

There are two fellows that I cannot reach at all

There's an

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> , which is an email that simply does not exist

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> , which is another email that doesn't exist

If either of you read this, PLEASE get in touch with me!!!!