DjangoBooks.com

Rhythm Future Quartet Online Show Dec 2!

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited December 2013 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Hi Folks. Earlier in the year, Jason Anick introduced us his new group with Olli Soikkeli -- it's called Rhythm Future Quartet. Here's your chance now to hear 'em live!

Check out the Rhythm Future Quartet show online 8 p.m. (Eastern Time) Dec 2nd from Club Passim in NYC. http://www.concertwindow.com/shows/2240 ... re-quartet

(Help spread the word!) AE

Here's a writeup from the link above.

When four young jazz virtuosos decided to join forces, the Rhythm Future Quartet was born. Named after a Django Reinhardt tune, the Rhythm Future Quartet performs dynamic and fiery arrangements of Gypsy jazz standards and original compositions. The quartet features Boston-based violinist and Berklee College of Music Instructor Jason Anick, Olli Soikkeli and Vinny Raniolo on guitars, and Greg Loughman on bass. Over the years they have individually been performing alongside top Gypsy jazz/swing musicians like John Jorgenson, Frank Vignola, Bucky Pizzarelli, Andreas Öberg and Howard Alden and have finally joined forces to form this special group. The quartet recently recorded and released a live 4 song EP, receiving worldwide critical acclaim.

Comments

• bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    Sorry I missed the show. Got on this forum too late to learn of it. I can vouch for Olli Soikkeli's talent however. I saw him perform at the Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival in Madison, Wisconsin, this past September. Great guitarist and a friendly, down-to-earth kind of guy.

After checking out Club Passim on the net, I noticed that the Gypsy Jazz trio Ultrafaux will be doing a show Tuesday, December 3, at 8:00 PM EST. Watching live concerts from your own home when you can't get to NYC is a pretty cool deal.