DjangoBooks.com

Has anyone tried this model?

Hello fellows,

I'm absolutely new in this forum (and so I am in the gypsy guitar world).

I just found this guitar from an asian maker called Aiersi, have you ever heard/tried anything about?

these are the models they offer: http://www.aiersiguitar.com/category/china-gypsy-guitars/

Someone told me they are the guys who do the Cigano series of gypsy guitars. I was thinking of buying one of those as my first manouche guitar, unless one of you have negative points (or no positives at all) to say. =)

thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Condomitti.

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I don't think they make Ciganos. All the guitars shown on their website are very different from Ciganos. There are lots of factories in China which make these guitars and most show the same pictures but a friend of mine bought one - it was very cheap to import into the UK - and it sounded alright and was nice to play. Remember though that you will probably have to pay import tax on the cost of the guitar and shipping which could add significantly to the actual cost. I'd buy a proper Cigano rather than one of these.
    always learning
  • zhuzhu New aiersi guitar
    hello, this is devon from aiersi guitar! about our gypsy guitar. we just try to make vintage. but some details not same . anyway, it still good quality model. all our models 100% handmade, with arch top design ,removable bridge. D'addario strings. but lower price . we can make different specifications.
    you could find comments from our customers at our business web www.aiersiguitar.com

there has vedio for model GP-03TS at web too!

glad to be new member here! if anyone who want to know gypsy in China, i would like to share informations here!

best regards

devon
    Thank you guys for all the help and opinions!

I'll try a cigano, although those chinese guitars look good.

Regards,
    Condomitti
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Hi Devon

I have played a guitar very similar to the one your factory makes and it was very good - especially for the cost.

A.
    always learning
  • valenvalen New
    Hi,

I can tell you I just bought an Aiersi guitar, model GP03-TC, which has a cedar top.
    It's a pretty decent, well crafted instrument. The only thing is that they don't pay that much attention to the little details. Once arrived, I had to lower the bridge and do some fret polishing. After that, I ended up with a better guitar than the ciganos, which I have trued as well.
    Here you can watch a little demo video I made:

Valentin
    BillDaCostaWilliams
  • gabalbassgabalbass New
    valen wrote: »
    Hi,

I can tell you I just bought an Aiersi guitar, model GP03-TC, which has a cedar top.
    It's a pretty decent, well crafted instrument. The only thing is that they don't pay that much attention to the little details. Once arrived, I had to lower the bridge and do some fret polishing. After that, I ended up with a better guitar than the ciganos, which I have trued as well.
    Here you can watch a little demo video I made:

Valentin

Thanks for the Vídeo Valen!
  • pa_tpa_t ✭✭

Hi there!

I just ordered today the same GP03-TC model, with a cedar top. I've asked the factory to settle the instrument as fine as possible (bridge heigh, neck, action, fret polished), I hop they will do it before shipping...

I'll give you my feedback as soon as I'ill have recceived it!

• Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, Gitane 255, 270, 310, 370, 500, Gallato RS1939, Hodson 503, JWC O hole, Alves de Puga MCC nylon

What did you pay in total if you don't mind me asking? I look forward to hearing your new guitar - make sure you come back here and tell us!