DjangoBooks.com

Shopis Selmer-Style Guitar FS

Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
edited December 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 287
I'm reluctantly offering my 2011 Shopis oval hole Selmer copy for sale; it's a beautiful guitar that plays easily and sounds wonderful, but it's suffering from lack of playing time (blame it on child ownership).

It's in mint condition, with mint case. All original, w/o modification. Kept humidified in a non-smoking environment. Miller tuners, gorgeous varnish finish, high quality woods (spruce top, solid Indian rosewood back and sides, walnut neck).

$3250 plus 1/2 of ground shipping w/i the continental US. Email with questions, or for pics.

Charlie
[email protected]

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited December 2013 Posts: 936
    @CharlieAyers

Sure would love to see it…any pictures or possiby of a video of the guitar anywhere.
    Good that you are playing with the child. They grow to quick.
    Hope you can find some time for some picking.

pick on

thanks pickitjohn :peace:
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    07330ed39ea04325360b50c760a1db.jpg
    edited December 2013 Posts: 287
    Hi Ted: What style is Rodrigo building for you? Yeah I've been on the fence about parting with this, that's for sure.

John, I don't have a vid or soundclip of it; here is a pic of the top. I could post a few more I suppose...

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Knowing Ted, it's probably an F model. Rodrigo's Favino style guitars are killers. I know, I own one.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    I think I'll hold on to this a little while longer, at least, to make sure I would want to part with it. I don't find a way to delete my original post…..
    Ok, I should sell this after all - it's back on the market.
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    Sorry fellas, just saw this.

It's based on my 1978 Favino - 12 fret, long scale with a small d-hole. I've owned close to 10 Favino guitars of all vintages and this is the best, best, best. It's taken me 15 years to get this actual guitar and I'm not going to travel with it. When Kamlo tried it, he offered me his Favino in trade on the spot.

This is a very interesting guitar… I'll need to visit LI City to visit it I think.
    OK ? LIC is a load closer to me than JC , but thats cool.
    I need to see that Favino. I'll bring a couple of mine for show and tell. That blond one we have shared ain't done yet BTW. 8-| , hopefully this quarter.
    No bad, no where. I'm in North Jersey. 178th st and west 6/10ths of a mile. :-bd