DjangoBooks.com

What is your favorite MTV style Gypsy Jazz music video?

bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
edited January 2014 in Welcome Posts: 243
The French Gypsy manouche players are producing some interesting MTV-style music vides. Here are two of my favorites. The first features Les Doigts de l'Homme:

The second features the Sara French Quintette:

Tagged:

Comments

• bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    Somehow the video clips went in reverse order to the way they're introduced!
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    Looks like MTV-style Gypsy Jazz videos are hard to find. Not surprising since for most of us Gypsy Jazz is an independent project where we just hook up with other GJ musicians. Nonetheless, here's another MTV-style GJ video that's not bad. Again, coming from the French. It reached me via the Facebook page that announces our St. Louis GJ jam every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month.

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Bob, anything by Sanseverino is great :

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Does Pump up the Jam by the Lost Fingers count? Certainly not my favorite, but it exists.
    Thanks, Paul, for the Sanseverino tip. Here is a music video feature him and Stochelo Rosenberg on guitar. But I couldn't spot Stochelo in the video.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Sanseverino is great. I think Stochelo just guested on this one in the studio, but it's a killer lick! On this version below you can hear more of his tasty work which didn't go into the final mix.

I wouldn't call any of the videos here "MTV style" though ... not enough makeup, cash, boobs and ass jiggling
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I'll stick with Django's J'Attendrai video. Still the best GJ video ever, and not likely to be knocked off anytime soon.

Love Sanseverino, though! That guy is one of a kind!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • galvanometrgalvanometr Czech Republic✭✭ Lebreton Modele 4

You've asked for it, super MTVish.
  • galvanometrgalvanometr Czech Republic✭✭ Lebreton Modele 4
    Not really that purely gypsy jazz, but gems appear, licks are great and girls are gorgeous.