DjangoBooks.com

New Remi Harris Album

2»

Comments

• edited January 2014 Posts: 4,735
    Oh I've had IPAs in Dublin.
    But they tasted as if the brewers are still a bit hesitant to break with their centuries old traditions and start exploring new territories.
    They were all good beers, you know balanced and all that but wouldn't make you jump up on your seat.
    I'll try Bushmills if a Dubliner recommends it, never had the stuff, and it's widely available around here.
    While there, had Redbreast, fancy aged Jamesons and Yellowspot too but Greenspot was by far my fav. Had to have my fix every day of the trip.

I listened to the album a few times last night.
    I like it a lot, top notch work.
    Man so many world class players just casually hanging our here, that's just super cool.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Yeah... Mt St Genevieve is awesome. Remi's is by far my favorite interpretation. I did a gig with Remi a couple of weeks ago, and Mt St Genevieve had been requested, and Remi said do wanna share this? Do an A each then a B each, and i was like, no, i just wanna strum and watch you fly.

My personal highlight of this album is Somewhere Over The Rainbow, and perfectly demonstrates why i can listen to Remi play for a lot longer than i can most modern players. There's space in it!!! It oozes atmosphere. He's not afraid to leave room for notes to breathe and sit right.
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    Nice, tasteful tunes. My favorite is "There Will Never Be Another You." I've been playing along with that one.