DjangoBooks.com

John Jorgenson in Sonoma, CA Jan. 25

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
edited January 2014 in North America Posts: 705
The John Jorgenson Quintet will be playing Andrews Hall at the Sonoma Community Center on Jan. 25, 2014, which I believe is a small venue. Tickets are $20 balcony, $28 floor and $50 which includes best seats and a meet and greet. Anyone else going? Bought my ticket, I'll be there!

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I'm excited to see the John Jorgenson Quintet tonight in Sonoma, CA. Anybody else attending?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @jonpowl may I suggest you add this event to our community Gypsy jazzy calendar?

http://www.djangobooks.com/blog/calendar/

:peace:
    @MichaelHorowitz Sorry, in the pre calender days, I thought event posts went in Discussions/Gypsy Jazz Events/North America (http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/categories/north-america). By the way, great show, John Jorgenson was outstanding and the violinist, Jason Anick, was phenomenal. The quintet wasn't exactly your traditional GJ line up with piano, percussion, violin, acoustic bass and guitar, but it worked. As I tend to lean towards traditionalist, I would have preferred a rhythm guitarist instead of piano and percussion. JJ played the bouzouki on a couple of songs, and I could have lived without that as the bouzouki isn't exactly the most mainstream instrument. He played it masterfully, however.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @jonpowl Yes, you can still post events in the forum as well. But I think a lot more people will see it if it's on the calendar as that gets displayed on the splash page of the site.

Sounds like a great show!
    @MichaelHorowitz Yes, great show, but it is hard to go wrong in Sonoma, CA. It is a very quaint, historical town. I believe my original post was before you initiated the calender. Next time....