DjangoBooks.com

Community Gypsy Jazz Guitar Archive

imageCommunity Gypsy Jazz Guitar Archive

Welcome to the DjangoBooks Community Gypsy Jazz Guitar Archive! The goal of this archive is to create a repository for Selmer Maccaferri type guitars that will help both preserve and promote this longstanding and rich luthiery tradition. I encourage anyone with a Gypsy guitar to submit their instrument to the archive so that it can be displayed for posterity.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 6,152
    Greetings Everyone,

I'm announcing the new Community Gypsy Jazz Guitar Archive! This will be a place were everyone can upload images of their guitars along with specs and other descriptive data. I hope that it will be a great way for everyone to share information about their instruments as well as to preserve them for posterity.

Submitting your guitar can be done quickly and easily via this form: http://www.djangobooks.com/gallery/submit-your-guitar/

I kicked it off by adding a few guitars that I've owned over the years. Let's get the ball rolling by getting some more content up there! :-bd I've got categories setup for all the major luthiers as well some of the Asian manufacturers like Gitane and Altamira. If you have a guitar by a maker that isn't listed, let me know and I'll add it.

It would be nice to get bios written up for each of the luthiers listed. Anyone who wants to write one up can submit it to me for $50 DjangoBooks store credit. $-)

All right, let's get to it....
    Jazzaferri
    edited January 2014 Posts: 6,152
    I just added one extra feature, you can now link your forum profile to a guitar you listed in the Guitar Archive.

1) Go to your user profile and click Edit Profile

2) Enter the url of your guitar's listing in the Guitar Archive (you will also have to add the name of the guitar in the My Guitar field)

3) The name of your guitar will display next to your name in all posts and if someone clicks on the guitar name it will take them to the Guitar Archive listing you specified.
    Michael, can I go back to the archive to add additional pictures and information once it has been submitted?
    @TPC168 Sorry, you can't edit a listing once it's been submitted. Just email me any changes and I'll add them from the backend.
    @stuart I just added your guitar, thanks!

I would like people to submit serial #s as it will make it easier to keep track of the individual guitars as the archive grows.

I do have categories setup already, just look in the sidebar.

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    @MichaelHorowitz Is there a link off the main navigation bar to reach the guitar archive? I didn't see it...
    Thanks,
    JP
    @jonpowl the link for the Guitar Archive is located in the main forum menu (just below the main Nav Bar) It's right next to the Inbox
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Michael Horowitz

Man is #45 a beautiful piece.

Could you please add C Patenotte

This will be fun.

Thanks
    pick on

pickitjohn
    @pickitjohn Patenotte has been added!
  • I put mine in and everything seemed to go ok on the form but it isn't showing up. Hope I didn't screw it up.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed