DjangoBooks.com

SOLD - Rodrigo Shopis 2013 Model F (Favino) D-Hole for Sale.

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Classifieds Posts: 1,471
I'm saying goodbye to playing, at least for some time to come. This guitar, Rodrigo Shopis's interpretation of Favino influences, is the most beautiful instrument I've played, or held, for that matter; it's been appraised by a number of players I respect a good deal - Ted Gottsegen, Michael Bauer, Alfonso Ponticelli, Chris Ruppenthal, Olli Soikelli, among many others, as a truly superlative instrument.

shopisfront1_zps13f9e03b.jpg

I can take more photos and post them, if people would like. I presume the guitar and its maker speak for themselves.

I'm letting the instrument go for $3500 $3300 - PRICE REDUCED, plus shipping, insurance, and paypal fees to be paid by buyer. This is an opportunity to purchase a Shopis without the build wait time, and at a few hundred off the price, purchased new. This guitar was gently used for a half year or so, and has been cared for well. I have a few sets of both Galli and Argie strings, a tuner and string winder, included.

Thanks for the interest.

Paul
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Say it ain't so Paul! Giving up playing for awhile? You ok?
  • Very sad news indeed
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I have tried to talk Paul out of this, but he has good reasons that have nothing to do with the guitar or music. This is a really nice Shopis, which is to say, it's a top-top-shelf guitar, and at a bargain price. I hope this one finds a good home. If it's you (no matter who you are), you will be a very happy player.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Passacaglia , only you can walk your path, may the doors to health, healing, and gratitude for the blessings you do have, open easily for you.
    [-O<
    Some one will be very lucky to have your Shopis.

pick on
    Pickitjohn
    Buco
    Been wondering what's up when you started selling your other gear, and now your guitar.
    I'm sad to hear you have to give up playing, if even for a little while.
    Best of luck to you!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • hanear21hanear21
    Sorry to see this Paul, I really miss playing with you and I hope I get a chance to do so again some time in the future.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all, brothers. It just is, and I accept it, now. A billion people that make what I deal with bush league, and I'm grateful to have what I have.

From the very first, the community of players I've found in this music was truly one of its greatest rewards. Thanks, guys, for sharing yourselves.

One member was interested in some additional photos, which I post here. Sick as a dog today, so these are on the fly and there are glare issues, etc., but it gives some additional images. Thanks for considering, all.

Paul

DSCN1170_zpsdf88304e.jpg
    DSCN1168_zps0e61b0fd.jpg
    DSCN1166_zps0b1e72ec.jpg
    -Paul

• chimorhchimorh
    I'm so sorry to hear this Paul. I remember your support for each of my self conscious submissions and our comments on Paris. All the best...I will look for you on the Forum.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Chimorh. I remember that fondly as well. I'll still hope to catch Paris - to hear you play. :)

I just want this beautiful instrument to go to a good home, everyone. I think the money asked is reasonable, and given that it's ready now, would hope it finds someone who can really play its potential. Thanks for considering.

Paul
    Jazzaferri
    -Paul

• Paul sent you a pm
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed