DjangoBooks.com

Jimmy Rosenberg's old guitar for sell !

Just seen a new announce published on line, the old guitar of Jimmy Rosenberg has been put up for auction! http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Guitare-manouche-Doug-Kyle-Jimmy-Rosenberg-/171286213166

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Wish I was a collector with 4000eu...
    So do I ! ^^
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Who's Doug Kyle?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    6th position you have a description of him
    http://www.hotclub.co.uk/html/makers.html
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    If you look closely at the photos of the guitar being sold, the rosewood does not look like that of the guitar in the photo of Jimmy. Or do my eyes deceive me?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • guitarmikeguitarmike Montreal, Quebec✭✭ Old French Gypsy Guitar
    The guitar in Jimmy's hands seems to have Brazilian ( ? ) rosewood.
    The one on ebay looks more like plain Indian rosewood.
    Maybe the guitar was pictured at an angle where it's hard to distinguish
    the grain...?

edited April 2014 Posts: 1,665
    I see it the same way - Jimmy's has a much stronger grain than the eBay one. Methinks there's a bit of the bogus about this. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • BluesboxBluesbox
    I think is a bogus as well... Jimmy's guitar has a much lighter coloured neck than the one on eBay. If the neck aged into such dark colour, the soundboard should look darker as well but it looks lighter than Jimmy's.
  • A GentA Gent ✭✭
    Compare and contrast.

• Craig DenneyCraig Denney Columbus, Ohio✭✭ 2011 Zwinakis
    Several other things are not right with the guitar listed...

The presence of "Rosenberg" on the head plate is missing.

The presence of the walnut inside the slots of the peghead not visible. Plus, the walnut? on the guitar for sale is much darker than in the photos with Jimmy.

The marks from the pickguard removal are in the wrong places.

The seller has "0" feedback.