DjangoBooks.com

My New Album "Distance" - out now and available for download/streaming!!!

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
edited May 2014 in Welcome Posts: 391
Hi Guys,

I've spent the last few months recording and producing my first gypsy jazz album under my own name. I've written some tunes, and play arrangements of O Dewel, Me Hum Mato, and The Waves of the Danube. My own songs are fairly traditional - some swingers, some ballads, two waltzes, and an improvised solo thing inspired by the Bach solo violin pieces. I guess you'd say it sits fairly squarely in the Tchavolo camp :)

It also features some excellent Australian musicians that you may not have heard before, thanks to our relative isolation over here - Sal Greco on accordion, Sam O'Halloran on rhythm guitar, and Enzo Ruberto on bass.

If you have the time, head over and have a listen. I'd love to hear your thoughts - this is the first time that I've put out something in this style that is entirely my own conception.

Physical copies should be coming in a few weeks, so if anyone wants one of those, let me know.

Anyway, I don't want to make this a big sales pitch, but I've learned a lot from this forum in the last few years, and want to share some of that with you guys. I hope you enjoy the listen,

Jon

ps the forum seems to be embedding the player. To view it in Bandcamp and hear all the songs - click on the album title below.

http://jondelaney.bandcamp.com/album/distance
MichaelHorowitzFranz MoralesJSantapickitjohnmarkseale

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,252

Damn, Jon!

That is some seriously old school shiznit.

It's like the previously lost album of some unknown Schmitt brother.

Very cool.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    :) Thanks Bob - I really appreciate you having a listen, and I'm thrilled you're liking it!
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    ..that's great! You hit real hard which is how I like my lead playing, normally that style requires requires years of hard smoking and absinthe quaffing. Excellent stuff , bonzer in fact.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
    Sounds fantastic! I will buy a copy when I get home from work!
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    i always like your stuff on this site; bought the album and am liking it
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 6,152
    just bought my copy, great stuff @jon!
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Utterly bastard groovy. And bought!
    Jon
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • @Jon I've always loved clips of music you've posted. This is really tasty. Purchasing.
    Jon