DjangoBooks.com

Djangus 2014

Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
edited July 2014 in Welcome Posts: 542
There are probably only 2 guitars that are immediately recognizable: Angus's SG and Django's Selmer.
Rather unconventional design from Leo Eimers, but it looks so cool and nicely done. Note the headstock shaped like a Gibson, and Brian Johnson's cap. If you followed Samois, there are some pics out there of the Ferré bros playing it. Havent seen any videos yet though.
Would you play it? Or do you think it's more of a collector's item? We're not too far away from Andrea's purple AJL and Romane's blue Dupont.
- JG

Comments

If I was tunderstruck by it's sound I'd play it sure.
    That mustache is a killer, love it, best touch on the guitar.
    Leo's got nice sense of humor.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • mwaddell000mwaddell000 Maryland
    Patrus (who else?!) managed to get some video footage of Boulou Ferré playing the Djangus. He posted it on his Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201481500273959

I mean... he sounds OK and all... Would have been nice to hear the solo from "Gone Shootin" on it.
    ;)
  • mwaddell000mwaddell000 Maryland
    Oh there's another!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Pretty cool looking, and why not play it? This music has been awfully orthodox about its guitars, to the detriment of other worthy makers besides Selmer. Videos can be very deceiving, but the guitar doesn't sound particularly loud in the video vis a vis the other guitar, but Leo's guitars don't have a reputation for being cannons. It looks good, sounds okay in the video. It's a statement guitar for sure.

I would beg to differ about immediately recognizable guitars. There are lots of them. Peter Green's Les Paul has been on far more magazine covers than Selmer 503, and probably more than Angus' SG as well. Bo Diddley's Gretsch comes to mind as well. Eddie Cochran's Gretsch also. Almost any Les Paul, since those flame tops are like fingerprints, and I have friends who can tell you the history of just about every one. There are so many that I hardly no where to begin. Albert King's original V, Chuck Berry's red ES-355...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    You're certainly right @Michael Bauer there are other guitars, my statement was just leading to the fact that this guitar is a SG-style selmer guitar, all in one.
    - JG
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Gotcha. It is a pretty cool looking thing. Would have loved to have the chance to give it a try. Oddly, side by side on chairs in my living room are my red SG and Selmer 565...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.