DjangoBooks.com

Just purchased Michael's Gypsy Rhythm, Volume 1 and signed up for the Nolan's GRD

jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
edited September 2014 in Technique Posts: 80
Wow, not sure what possessed me to drop this much money tonight, but I must admit that I'm pretty happy right now to have finally pulled the trigger on Michael's Gypsy Rhythm, Volume 1, and then also for being motivated enough to sign up for the Nolan brothers Rhythm Domination.

I will certainly provide some feedback as I work through both of these, but all I can say right now is that I'm one happy man right now! :D
Tagged:
MichaelHorowitz

Comments

• jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
    edited September 2014 Posts: 80
    So I spent a lot of time last night and this morning watching videos from both the Rhythm Domination and Fast Track series, and I was thinking I should just take the next month off of work and hunker down with my guitar :) ...Now I just can't wait for Michael's book to arrive. I might just have to take the rest of the year off so I'll have enough time to work on my craft :D

I'm in my 40's, been playing for almost 30 years, and I love that I'm still this excited about learning something new!
    Buco
    Gypsy jazz is a hard drug. It's an affliction that just takes over your whole being.
    jazzygtrMichaelHorowitzPetrovDaveyc
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Been listening for YEARS, but just always felt that it was something I couldn't play... But sometimes it's just nice to discover how wrong you've been :peace: Having a blast with it.
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    Please let us know how it goes. I'm almost tempted to do the same as you...
    jazzygtr
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    edited September 2014 Posts: 125
    Good tips Stuart.

I'm taking it real slow and it has done wonders for me.

My pompe needs some work...I will try to be more graceful see if that helps. Beats 2 and 4 I struggle with. Either too muffled or sounds too straight 4 with no swing. But I have been focusing more on lead and Gypsy picking then La Pompe.

I'm really loving it and I haven't been this motivated to learn guitar in a long time. Was just so bored with the typical rock, blues stuff...

One of the first things I'm noticing that I am really liking about the Fast-Track course is the included backing tracks. Not for soloing purposes, but so that I can clearly hear what Kevin is doing on Rhythm Guitar. So that is a nice bonus that I had not planned on.
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    stuart wrote: »
    If anyone is trying to decide between getting this course or holding out for Denis's new lessons - it seems we can have our cake and eat it if you enrol on Robin's course via Denis's website:

http://www.dc-musicschool.com/uncategorized/dcms-update-september-2014/

It's beginning to look like an amazing deal.

I've seen this. I'm very tempted, but then look at the DC Music School with Hono or maybe even Gonzalo. Also looking at Gypsy Jazz School with Yaakov.

What I like about these online lessons is that they are broken down in smaller more affordable series or volumes.

But yeah, seeing all the freebie add-on is making this to be as affordable as the others considering what is included.

Side note while going through the Rhythm Domination videos: I think I'm falling in love with Kevin's guitar. Loving that old-school look.
  • Sounds great too
    jazzygtr
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    edited September 2014 Posts: 705
    I thought I heard Kevin mention the luthier when they were talking about picks, strings and guitars during the "live event". Of course, it happened so fast, I didn't get the name.