DjangoBooks.com

Wow, I want to play Rhythm like Lollo Meier

jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
in Technique Posts: 80
Working through Michael's Rhythm book has got me watching more and more Rhythm players, and I just love what Lollo does with all of his passing chords and walking lines. And even with all of this extra motion he's still completely supportive and stays out of the way of the lead.

Here's an example that just makes me smile:

youtu.be/7_I5vXzckFk
Tagged:

Comments

• AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Love that style of rhythm where he lets the bass notes ring!

Tchavolo also plays similar rhythm some times. Listen from 2:25. Accented bass, although it's much more marching and staccato than the Lollo example.

There are so many nuances to rhythm guitar!
    jazzygtr
  • a_onarheima_onarheim Stavanger, Norway✭✭ Gitane DG-255, Godin Session Custom TP
    Awesome, just wonderful :) Thanks!
    jazzygtr
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Glad to see someone else appreciating Lollo as I think he get's overlooked because he's not as flamboyant as some others - and that is not a critcism of them at all - and I also think he is greatly underappreciated as a composer of more traditional type pieces, e.g. Hondarriba, London Town etc. And he's a nice guy into the bargain.
    jazzygtr
    always learning