DjangoBooks.com

For Sale: 2009 Rodrigo Shopis 14 Fret D

noahfuturenoahfuture ✭✭✭
in Classifieds Posts: 61
This is a really, really special guitar. Purchased in 2010 from Retrofret (Musurgia) in Brooklyn. There is a lot on the forum about this specific Shopis guitar, and I am lucky enough to own it, and unlucky enough to have to sell it. Model D'Artagnan (Grand Bouche) Gypsy Jazz Guitar, from the workshop of Rodrigo Shopis, c. 2009, ser. #040109.

14 fret, Favino size, bearclaw top, rosewood back and sides... deep, bassy, and old sounding. This is not a snappy banjo sounding guitar. This is a LOUD, deep, rich, complex guitar. Less a banjo than a piano. I am really, really sad to let it go but I have another guitar from Rodrigo and I am releasing a new record, and moving across the country, and need all the money I can scrape together.

This guitar is the only guitar I played on my first record for my band Noah and the MegaFauna. Here's a soundcloud to check it out. Track 8, Liquid Modernity, has Gonzalo Bergara on it playing my guitar! He loves this guitar and threatens to steal it every time I see him.

And here's a ridiculous video of me pretending to play it

So... here's your chance. I am asking $3200+ shipping and insurance and it comes with a TKL case. This week specifically (October 28-Nov 1 2014) I am motivated to sell and will accept reasonable offers. You can have one of Rodrigo's best guitars to date, and not have to wait the Eight months it takes to get one. (Also, it was just set up and worked on by **** and he did a fantastic job.)
4261_01.jpg
One writes music because winter is eternal and if one didn't, the wolves and the blizzards would be at one's throat all the sooner.
-David Mitchell

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I've never had the pleasure of playing this guitar, but it is something of a legend in New York City. I used to own a fabulous Shopis Favino style oval hole, which I sold back to the original owner to help pay for a new guitar that Rodrigo built for me. Every pro who ever played it at Django in June fell in love with it, Gonzalo included. This is a steal!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Oh oh.....hmmmmmm......can I resist a GAS attack....hmmmmmmm
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • noahfuturenoahfuture ✭✭✭
    The Guitar is SOLD.
    One writes music because winter is eternal and if one didn't, the wolves and the blizzards would be at one's throat all the sooner.
    -David Mitchell