DjangoBooks.com

Anyone who has owned or played a Patenotte?

AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
in Welcome Posts: 541
There is a Patenotte 254 for sale that sounds very interesting and is at a reasonable cost. However, I have no way of trying it before buying it, so I am trying to get opinions, pros and cons about this guitar. Any opinions about neck thickness/ width, action, lack of truss rod, etc. would be greatly appreciated. While the price is good, I don't have money to burn so I want to know as much as I can before committing to buy. I believe there are at least a couple posters here who have owned these guitars.

If you prefer you could PM me any thoughts about this guitar.

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Pickitjohn here, I own and play a Patenotte 260 it is in the Guitar Archive under Butterfly.

When you get a chance give me a call and I'll try to help from my experience.

I PM you my #
  • Paulius VolkovasPaulius Volkovas ✭✭✭
    I have a 254. Im pretty happy with it at the moment. It has a very unique sound that i like very much. The low strings is very clear a midrangy, zero boominess. Thats is what i like the most. The top strings cuts very well too.
    Action and intonation could be better in my guitar, but its not something critically bad. I think a good setup could solve it.
    Eventually i will want some more high end guitar, but for now i am pretty happy with it. Soundwise i like it 10/10, with playability i would give it about 8/10.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I have played and kept for a good month Bone's Patenotte. I forget now if it is a 240 or 260. It is extremely dry making it a really nice rhythm guitar. The lead was not particularly loud but had a unique sound, some might like others not so much. I might wish to listen to it again as my playing has improved since having it here.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hi Andrew, sorry for the late reply. Mine is a 256. What Scoredog said except that I have a taller bridge that I need to take the time to put on which I think will help the single note power. I'll try to get to that and let you know but not sure when as I have a lot on my plate right now and I don't ever play that guitar since I have 2 other guitars.