DjangoBooks.com

Technical paper on the acoustic characteristics of GJ guitars

For the academics and technically inclined members of this forum, below is a link to a paper published at Stanford concerning some physical aspects of the sound produced by GJ guitars. I happened to stumble across it while searching for information on the effects of humidity on guitars. (I decided to get a humidifier for our house with the humidity below 20% indoors, 10 degrees F outside)

Anyways, here it is:

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/publications/lee_chaigne_smith_arcas_measuring_and_understanding_the_gypsy_guitar.doc
Jazzaferrirgrice

Comments

• teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
    I think the kamans did similar sound tests on a prewar Martin D45 and used the results to design the ovation fiberglass lyrachord guitars. Kaman originally designed helecopter blades used the process to remove vibration. He reversed the process to impart vibrations for guitars. Wonder why they never made an Ovation D hole gypsy model? I bet Glenn Campbell could play a mean Django style.
  • teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
    edited January 2015 Posts: 27
    Wow! There is an Ovation GypsyJazz guitar!
  • Interesting article
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • JehuJehu New Zealand✭✭✭
    Interesting indeed! Thanks!