DjangoBooks.com

an amp to compliment my AT PRO 70?

T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
Hey gang,

So I got into need of gigging gear because the first gig we had in a pub using their mics and everything was horrible. For us at least. The audience looked quite satisfied but damn I couldnt hear a thing. I bought the audio technica pro 70 condenser mic. Running it through my dads PA it sounds pretty cool. But I need to get something more compact. So I figured I need an amp that I could carry with me to the pubs / caffees.

The kinda sound I d like to get close to can be heard here -

My budget is somewhere around 360 euros - 400 bucks and I definitelly wouldnt mind looking at used stuff.
Looking forward to getting any advice.
Timothy

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I use my Pro 70 through the instrument channel of a Laney A1 and it works well for low volumes.
    always learning
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed Gonzalo playing a couple of gigs using a Phil Jones Cub Acoustic guitar amp and his AT mic. Sounded great and filled the medium size club nicely. They're very light (about 11 lb.), small and powerful. I believe they automatically switch voltage for any country. He just turned up with his guitar in one hand and the amp in a back pack. A convenient, no muss no fuss set up. I notice a lot of players place their PR 70 INSIDE the sound hole. Probably provides a better tone and hotter signal. They seem to have a fairly natural tone without the piezo "quack"...and aren't too expensive.
    Swang on,