DjangoBooks.com

The Hot Club of Glasgow celebrate 5 years and the Festive period

crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
in Europe Posts: 921
To celebrate Christmas, say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014 and the Clubs 6th year of weekly jamming we've designated our session on the 17th December as Django Bells - our last session until 7th Jan 2014. If you're in Glasgow come and see us at the Ivory Hotel in Shawlands from 7.30 pm onwards. Hope to see you there.
[img][/img]
always learning

Comments

• edited December 2013 Posts: 3,707
    Yes...sink one for me...it's a bit far for an overnighter. 6 years is really great going for a djam

You doing any carolly type tunes?
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    The Hot Club of Glasgow celebrated Christmas 2013 and 5 and a half years of regular Tuesday Gypsy Jazz jam sessions. A small but perfectly formed band of regulars were joined by the inimitable Harry Hussey on squeezebox and it was a great night.

The highlight for me was being presented with an award for running the sessions. To quote from Harry Potter the award may seem like a "manky old boot" but to me it was one of the most thoughtful and appreciated things I have ever been given - so a big thanks to Seb "Schlebo" Chastin for cooking it up.

It is a boot - or a "pompe" in French and as we all know it's also the gypsy rhythm style. And we know that many of our heros - Angelo Debarre, Ritary Gaguenetti have a love of fancy footwear and this really hits the nail on the head. Modesty prohibits me from agreeing with the "King of Pompe" title but it's something to aim for.

One added bonus is that it acts as a great metronome if you actually wear it. Maybe I'll get the other boot in another 5 years
    [img][/img]
    always learning
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    PS that post was from 2 years ago. Talk about being up to date !!!
    always learning
  • Rests are often needed in our genre of music. Your Breve is to be admired
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed