DjangoBooks.com

Mystery Guitar by Zwinakis For Sale

Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
edited August 2014 in Classifieds Posts: 440
Selmer copy by Zwinakis.
Very clean almost unused.
Euro spruce top, Brazilian Rose Wood back and sides, Flamed Turkish wall nut neck, ebony fingerboard, enclosed Schaller tuners.
Has the squarish neck profile, very much copied from the Selmer.
Price is $2000 USD w/o case, $2250 with fiberglass case.
Light weight , Loud , very easy to play , excellent intonation and setup.
A very good guitar.
Handmade, quite beautiful.

Comments

• For anyone looking for a good luthier built guitar at a lower price, the Zwinakis "mystery" guitars are an excellent value. They are loud, as advertised, and play very well once they are properly set up. I have one and think highly of it. This is definitely the next step up from the Asian guitars.
    The bonus to this particular guitar is that it was in Al's artful hands and he's done excellent setup and repair work for my band mate.
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    Thanks Jim. Somebody should be playing this guitar. Its better than any of the Asian instruments I have seen and it has a nitro finish. Its an awesome value for someone who wants an actual handmade instrument.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I helped Jason Miller, who often pays rhythm for Alfonso Ponticelli, get one of these a few years ago, and he has been playing it ever since. Tough to beat at the price! I couldn't ever quite figure out why PZ rejected it from wearing the Zwinakis name. This one looks particularly nice. Al, is the neck similar, then, to Selmer862's? That is the best neck I ever played on any guitar, ever.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    MB
    The neck has that rectangular profile.
    No truss rod and very nicely balanced because of that and perfectly stable.
    Very authentic to the model, but more modern in sound.
    More low end than an actual Selmer.

• Paul MehlingPaul Mehling sf CA✭✭✭
    is this still for sale?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 440
    Paul,
    Yes it is, sorry I didn't see your question till just now. Send a message . Thanks, Al W.