DjangoBooks.com

Djangofest Mill Valley?

ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 871
So I have never been to one of these and this one is within a days drive.
I see there are some nice shows and probable workshops but I am mostly into playing and checking out guitars. Anyone want to weigh in on their thoughts about this festival?

Comments

• mandocatmandocat Santa Rosa, CA✭✭✭ AJL XO, Eastman 905CE, PRS SE
    Score dog, I've been going to Djangofest most years (since the first one in Redwood City). It seems to me like there are less people outside jamming than there used to be. I went to Django In June last year and as you probably know, that is a great place for jams at all hours and all levels. Can't go to DIJ this year so will go to Djangofest. Maybe I can get some locals I know to come out and play.
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I went last year for the first time, workshop with Robin Nolan in the morning and concert at night. It was outstanding and I'll try to go again this year. The after event party next door on Sunday looked like as if was not to be missed, but I did. Only disappointment was the RN workshop. The second hour seemed to drag on and we only worked on two songs. Perhaps Robin was tired as he had to do a rhythm workshop for Kevin beforehand as Kevin was a no show; and we had at least 25 people. **** filled in admirably for Kevin during Robin's show, which was quite good.
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Wow this year looks really good ! Gonzalo and Joscho Stephan will be there. Maybe we can get a lot of people out there to fill the area with Jamming. There's a great town square that we can hang and play in.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    So I am reviving this thread, it looks like the band I am in "The Idiomatiques" are considering showing up for this and plan to jam a bunch if weather permits and someone can show us the ropes there. We can be the basis for some open jams. We just got a new rhythm guitarist (Bones from here on this site is injured) and you can check out our site below though it was when we first started learning GJ and are a year past this. You can see the musicians have some major non gypsy credits.

http://theidiomatiques.com

If you are interested organizing something or helping me to do it, please send me a pm and lets take it from there.

Craig