DjangoBooks.com

Would a Fishman work in Selmer type

I am speaking of the one with a control panel, piezo and internal microphone
Dave

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    It would work for sure. But you would really want to do some research on installation. Depending on what guitar you are thinking about installing in, the length of the end block to the sound hole might be much longer then a standard western style guitar that the mic was designed for. If installed too deep in the box you might get a very bass heavy out put. And even EQing could only achieve a marginal tone. The other thing that will make a huge difference is the amp and pre amp used. All this to say just do your research before hand so you don't go through all the work to find out that it works but does not sound the way you had hoped.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • chapchap ✭✭✭
    Well the mic would work fine, but fitting that piezo might be a bit tricky in that I believe they are designed to be undersaddle transducers for like a flat-top. It is possible to cut and rout a selmac bridge but that seems like a job with much potential for error--especially if you could get a similar setup pre made i.e a bigtone. Now I am not championing the bigtone, but as piezos go--these would offer the least amount of effort. And if you wanted a blend of piezo and internal mic sound, see the Fishman Rare earth thread on this page. Long story short--they sell (but do not advertise) the mic part that you can use in conjunction with other pickups (piezo or magnetic or whatever) through the use of a blender that they also sell.
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    How does the Bigtone differ as far as having what looks like a big wire
    sitting under the saddle and how is it under pressure and still transmitting vibration to the soundboard?
    Dave