DjangoBooks.com

Email from Djangobooks

opus20000opus20000
in FAQ Posts: 85
I get the emails news@djangobooks, but it's always unformulated HTML with links that go nowhere on the Djangobooks page. Anyone else have this issue with the emails they get from here?

Comments

• My iPad gets them correctly.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    My Djangobooks emails always arrive with a black background and are very difficult to read. I use Yahoo mail with Mozilla Firefox.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    If you're using older email software and/or use an email provider that scrubs links then you may experience those issues. Try upgrading your email software or use a different email provider.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @MichaelHorowitz
    FYI
    Doesn't work on my Android, Macbook, or iPad...
    Maybe easier dealt with on Djangobooks side.
    I can only get to your What's New post after it is in the Forum.

:)>-
    @pickitjohn it's not your device that's causing it.....i looked and you have a hotmail account so I think they are scrubbing the links which can cause this issue.
  • opus20000opus20000
    Now when I access this form from anything but my phone, on the computer on three browsers it says "No discussions were found"
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    @Opus20000 Make sure you are logged in, otherwise the forum discussions may not be visible.
  • opus20000opus20000
    That's new, l used to be able to see posts without logging on.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    The forum will be easier to keep clear of spam with the new "must log in" feature, but will attract less new blood as well...
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
    @opus20000 I'd clear your cache and also update your browsers to the current version. Those things should help