DjangoBooks.com

FS: Beautiful Gitane DG-310 Lulo Reinhardt model

I recently acquired this beauty in a trade plus cash deal. The plan was never to keep it, but to enjoy it for a bit while trying to sell it for the extra cash I would like to net. This is my first Gitane, and I am amazed by the workmanship, sound, and playability. I have owned a hand-made USA Dell Arte and a Dupont Nomade in the past, and I feel that this guitar is on the same level at a considerably lower price.

The spruce top is absolutely stunning – I did my best to capture the grain in the photos below. The East Indian Rosewood is equally gorgeous, and something I would expect to find on much higher priced guitars. The neck is slimmer and rounder than many Selmer-type guitars, and infinitely fast playable. If you come from an electric guitar background, or are comfortable with something like a Taylor acoustic guitar neck, this will feel right at home. The action is comfortably low, and it sounds like a gypsy jazz guitar should, with no buzzes anywhere on the fretboard. By my best estimate, the action is somewhere around 2mm at the 12th fret on the low E. The guitar weighs a scant 4lb and 7oz, and vibrates wonderfully when played.

The guitar is in very near mint condition. There are some extremely faint swirls in the finish, the kind you get from the guitar rubbing against clothing. There is nothing obvious enough that I could catch it in photos. This guitar could hang on a wall as new in a store. It comes with a very nice and high quality “Superior” brand arched top hard case in very good condition with a few small scuffs.

This is a wonderful way to get into gypsy jazz, or a nice upgrade for someone who started on a less expensive instrument. The best new price I have found for this guitar is at Djangobooks for $990, and that price does not include a case. They add $112 for the case that my guitar comes with. I am asking $850 plus shipping (and PayPal fees, if used) for this near-mint guitar with the high quality case.

Thanks for looking, and please PM me with any questions.

IMG_6366_zpsurshfhk5.jpg

IMG_6360_zpsmejdgv0m.jpg

IMG_6352_zpsxqvvuncx.jpg

IMG_6351_zps7czmioxy.jpg

IMG_6349_zpse7bnosff.jpg

IMG_6356_zpsz0qcsw4x.jpg

IMG_6354_zpsnwudjj8p.jpg

IMG_6353_zpsyfj3qdzo.jpg

IMG_6371_zpszu1di9qa.jpg

IMG_6369_zpszx67cynd.jpg

IMG_6345_zpsg9aznsx4.jpg

IMG_6346_zpssu6qggwb.jpg