DjangoBooks.com

Wanna hear one of the 1st Dupont Vieille Reserve in action?

Comments

• Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    I have #10. It's a great guitar.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
    niiice ! post something with it so we could hear it ;)
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,252
    Jeff Moore wrote: »
    I have #10. It's a great guitar.

That was the first GJ guitar I ever heard. Pete Krebs on VR#10 and Jason Okamoto on his Busato in a wine cellar with high vaulted brick ceilings. Unbelievable acoustics in that cellar and they were playing without amplification. Trying to pinpoint the moment I got hooked on this music, I think it might have been 'Vette' or possibly 'I Wonder Where my Baby Is Tonight'. I'm not sure, because I didn't know any of the songs then, but that song absolutely "bounced" and was the happiest grooviest thing I'd ever heard.
    Buco
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    edited January 2016 Posts: 541
    I noticed you are using two fingers to fret - was that a conscious decision on your part, or do you feel it flows naturally from getting Django's sound precisely? (Edit: I just saw you posted this with the heading "with two fingers," so I guess that answers my question.)
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    edited January 2016 Posts: 476
    Romain Vuillemin
    "post something with it so we could hear it." Wish I knew how? I grew up with circular dial telephones.

Bob, its nice to hear your story of getting hooked and about #10 before I had it. I don't even remember what the build year was. Tried to find it on this site but couldn't.
    Buco
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
    Andrew yes, i did it 2 fingers to try to see how Django might have fingered it !
    Jeff, i think the first vieille reserves are in 2001 , so i suppose it's end of 2001 or beginning of 2002 !