DjangoBooks.com

New Gypsy Jazz lesson Youtube channel!

JdmiyaJdmiya
edited January 2016 in Technique Posts: 7
Hello Everyone!
I want to tell you all about my new Gypsy Jazz guitar Youtube channel, "GypsyJazzUncut"! My channel is for all of those wishing to improve their Gypsy Jazz Guitar soloing and I have just completed the first of my "mini-series" which I am very happy about.

The "Break-down" "mini-series" that I will be uploading will deal with learning by taking a solo, breaking it down and looking at/learning a small chunk of the solo in every short video, with the aim being to have learned the whole solo by the end of the series.

The "Lick Library", is a section on my channel where I will upload many very short videos of "Gypsy Jazz licks". As I said, the videos will be very short and simply consist of myself playing through the lick once at full speed and then a couple of times slowly. Each video will have a name for example "2-5-1 in CMAJ lick" or "E7 lick" so you know what chord to play the lick over. They will also say the difficulty of the lick in brackets - (Beginner), (Med), (Hard). The idea is to have a resource that you can just dip into when you feel like learning a new lick.

I will be working on new ideas for series and other content as the channel progresses - there are so many areas to explore in gypsy Jazz! I will also be uploading one-off videos when ever I feel there is something useful that I have to share.

Anyway, I would be very grateful if you guys would have a look at my new channel and if you like what you see, please do subscribe to help support the channel and to keep updated with all my latest content .
Cheers! :)
Jon

Comments

• JdmiyaJdmiya
    Forgot to add the link to my channel so here it is - GypsyJazzUncut
  • asuraasura Los Angeles Cigano GJ-10, Gitane D500
    edited January 2016 Posts: 39
    Hello friend, its great to see more gypsy jazz lessons online!

I have to add though, filming your lessons with a vertically orientation makes it very difficult to watch your videos. In my opinion filming horizontally all the time would be a massive improvement!
    Jdmiya
  • JdmiyaJdmiya
    asura wrote: »
    Hello friend, its great to see more gypsy jazz lessons online!

I have to add though, filming your lessons with a vertically orientation makes it very difficult to watch your videos. In my opinion filming horizontally all the time would be a massive improvement!

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, I have started to record with the camera horizontally now so I hope that makes it a lot clearer to see. I'm very new to this kind of thing atm but I think that the overall quality of the videos will improve as I get more experience and maybe update the equipment that I'm using.

This is good stuff. Thanks for taking time.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel