DjangoBooks.com

Favorite Examples of Comping & Chord Solos

Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
I am thinking about transcribing out as many good chord solos and comping examples as I have time for in Soundslice. I'm trying to put a list together of videos to transcribe and I was curious about everyone's favorite examples of comping/chord solos. I love Adrien Moignard chord solos and was going to start by transcribing out:

Honeysuckle Rose: (starts around 1:53)
All of Me: (starts around 2:05)
Hungaria: (starts around 1:50)
pickitjohn

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Django's comping on many recordings have always interested me. I'll try to think of some others but his comping on Ou Es Tu Mon Amour comes to mind right off the bat.
    Hugh Huffaker
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited January 2016 Posts: 936
    @Hugh Huffaker

Great idea, I wish I could be a fly on the wall when someone who knows how to DO THE SOUNDSLICE THING was making it happen ( I have so many unanswered question about it).
    I feel Soundslice is the bomb when it come to a teaching aid. The fact that some of it's use can now be done OFFLINE is MAGIC. ( so ahead of the Pack )
    Thank you @adrian & Team :-c
    Adrien Moignard sure has an arsenal of guitars it seems.

I've always Loved Django's intro and arrangement on UNDECIDED perhaps you could include that.

Please update this thread as you progress, have a Blast, grow and enjoy, your endeavor.

BTW @MichaelHorowitz I notice that your username has no space anywhere... Is there a way to get the attention of a member who's name does have a space? Seems possible to have more then one with the same first name.

:)>-
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Here's another...
    Django Reinhardt & Rex Stewart - I Know That You Know - 1939 April 5 - Swing Paris

Love to get my Rhythm playing close to this.

:))
    Hugh Huffaker
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Hey, I transcribed that Adrien Honeysuckle Rose chord solo for you!

https://www.soundslice.com/scores/40075/

Let me know if you spot any corrections.

Adrian
  • Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
    Adrian, you rock, thank you so much! Excited to learn that chord solo! @pickitjohn I'd be happy to share a screen with you when I tab it out. Have you seen the help page videos? https://www.soundslice.com/help/youtube/
    Adrian does a great job of explaining the process. Since I am a guitarist who reads tabs faster than standard notation I typically just notate using tabs instead of soundslice's scoring capabilities.
    adrian
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    I bet Birelli could ride a bike while doing the dishes.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Pickit, oh yeah always loved D's comping on I know that you know.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Robert, yeah Bireli is a monster!!!
  • Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
    edited January 2016 Posts: 48
    @rob.cuellari , just took a quick stab at Bireli's chord solo. I'm sure there are some things I missed, but it should be pretty close. Good luck playing this monster at Bireli speed.

https://www.soundslice.com/tabs/18559/bireli-limehouse-blues-tab/