DjangoBooks.com

FS: 2011 Rodrigo Shopis D'artagnan F

thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
in Classifieds Posts: 22
I'm selling my beautiful Shopis guitar. I purchased this guitar in February of last year. Since moving to Brooklyn in August, I've been gigging 5 nights a week with it and the sound has really opened up. It's got a great woody tone, with a nice and mellow midrange. Really great for comping. I hate to let it go, but I just don't think the Favino sound is right for me at this time.

It's got some wear on it, but nothing past the surface. Basic bumps and bruises that come along with hard gigging. I can provide more detailed photos upon request.

$3500
Includes a hardshell case.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IsP89Y6zZaY&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• AppelAppel ✭✭✭
    Fantastic guitar. And it has the beautiful nickel hardware, which looks so right on the dark walnut and with the Favino shape.

I'm sorry, but I am not a prospective buyer, just a very appreciative observer. I have a Shopis model F myself and I cannot understand how you can bear to part with yours - the Old-World/New-York vibe in his guitars is wondrous and hypnotic, and of course they play like a dream and sound like beautiful bombs - no - these guitars sing what the whole world would sing if there were no bombs, only great guitars, yes that big very big

It might help your sale if you gave some more details about the finish and the neck ~ Rodrigo offers different options for these things.

Good luck with the sale but I wish you would keep it
    Buco
  • thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
    Actually, I have decided to keep the guitar. I can't seem to figure out how to delete my post, though.
    Buco
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Good, glad you are keeping it. I bought a Shopis model F years ago secondhand, and it was one of the finest GJ guitars I've ever played. Every pro at Django in June who tried it was crazy about it. The original owner eventually bought it back from me, and I now have a Shopis Model S, a custom design which Rodrigo and I came up with, which I absolutely love.
    Buco
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles