DjangoBooks.com

Djanngofest NW and Djangofest Mill Valley

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
in North America Posts: 705
It's mid April and I haven't seen a line up or date for Djangofest Mill Valley, which normally occurs in early June. No date is listed at the Throckmorton's web site where the event usually takes place. Djangofest NW just posted a "lineup to be announced soon" header on their web site. Does anybody know about these events?

Comments

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
    See my note on the "Symphonic Django" - they listed this years DFNW lineup in the program. I don;t know about Mill Valley but my guess is that it will be similar, but without SR
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    @cbwim Thanks for the update:
    The DjangoFest Northwest lineup was also announced in the shows program and the only big headliner is Stochelo Rosenberg. Otherwise John Jorgensen returns, along with Robin Nolan, Martin Taylor, Dave Grisman who is new there, Hot Club Sandwich and Pearl Django.
    I've already seen JJ, RN and Pearl Django but would love to see the great Stochelo Rosenberg and Hot Club Sandwich. I may save my cash for the following Django in June, as that must be the ultimate GJ learning platform. Last year's Djangofest Mill Valley was fun thanks to @Scoredog and his band jamming on the plaza, as well as a great lineup.
  • MandobartMandobart ✭✭ Mandolin, Octave Mandolin, Mandocello, Fiddles
    Great to hear we'll have Stochelo Rosenberg back in Langley. I've not Seen John Jorgensen before so that will be great. David Grisman is always fantastic, as a mandolin player he is one of my favorites. Robin Nolan is great as well, as a performer and leading workshops. Pearl Django is always a great time. I thought Hot Club Sandwich had broke up - it will be great to see them (more mandolin!)
  • Sure does to me too.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Lineup looks good to me!
    Last year was so good for me personally it would be tough to beat

I kinda of wanted Adrian Moignard to attend if I'm being honest.

Also Scoredogs band would have been fun to see
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I just spoke with Grisman's manager and it turns out he has another tour during the same week so he won't be at DjangoFest after all.