DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz in NY?

MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 80
Hello all, I'm new here, amazing website/forum you've all got here! I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post this so if it isn't, sorry in advance. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of any gypsy jazz guitar teachers in the NYC area? I haven't had any luck in finding any. thanks!

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Stephane Wrembel still teaches, as far as I know...find him through his site:
    www.stephanewrembel.com
    He's one of the best players in the US right now; you're lucky to have him in your backyard! Maybe the NY guys can chime in with other names...

Best,
    Jack
  • MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    Ah, I should have mentioned this. I already emailed him a few days ago without an answer...he seems to be real busy with all those gigs he has. I think he plays every night of the week. I figured he might be too busy for lessons, that is kind of why I started this thread to see if there are any other GJ teachers just incase. Thanks though.
  • Tom LandmanTom Landman Brooklyn, NY✭✭✭✭ 6 strings
    Hello MinorBlues,

I give jazz and gypsy jazz guitar lessons on the Upper West side of Manhattan. Send me a PM if interested.

Cheers,

Tom
  • MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    Thanks I will keep that in mind.