DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo Bergara "Febrero"

JosechikyJosechiky
in Repertoire Posts: 122
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help me with a transcription of the chords and main guitar soloing lines and arpeggios from this tune by Gonzalo Bergara Quartet:

Any help would be appreciated.
MichaelHorowitz

Comments

• JosechikyJosechiky
    Don't forget about this :'(
  • therealguyfitherealguyfi Milwaukee, WINew Barault
    get anytune pro for ipad and slow it down. It might take you a year but it will make you a better player
    Josechikyconstantine
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 3,319
    Hey Jose, I have not worked on much of the Gonzalo stuff as it is way above my pay grade but like TRG said, if you slow it down and work it out yourself it would be a good exercise. You can slow it down in Youtube by clicking the settings/speed buttons. Good luck
    Josechiky
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Bones wrote: »
    Hey Jose, I have not worked on much of the Gonzalo stuff as it is way above my pay grade but like TRG said, if you slow it down and work it out yourself it would be a good exercise. You can slow it down in Youtube by clicking the settings/speed buttons. Good luck

I'll give it a try,but I'm not that skilled even if it is slowed down.Thanks for the advice!
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Soundslice has transcriptions for the whole disc, Portena Soledad. That might be a nice place to start picking up Gonzalo's style, including one of my favorite GBQ songs, Como Una Flor. There is a cost, but only around $2.50 US a song.
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Yes,I do know it,I have the transcriptions for both Djangophonic and Porteña soledad.Great stuff and really recommended for everyone.It would be great if Adrian would release the transcriptions for GB and the Hot Club of America and Clásico,but I'm afraid that both ones won't see the light.I'll have to work them out by myself! :-)
  • If your goal is to become a technically better player, taking one short phrase and learning it to the point that you can play it completely relaxed without thought preferably in a few positions and then picking another and doing the same will reap significant benefits.
    JojoJosechikyJim Kaznosky
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    If your goal is to become a technically better player, taking one short phrase and learning it to the point that you can play it completely relaxed without thought preferably in a few positions and then picking another and doing the same will reap significant benefits.
    Yeah,you're right!I'll do it my best even though it's not my strong point.
  • What Jazzaferri says above is a great way to learn to hear, play, and see your instrument better. While learning a whole solo is cool and an accomplishment, becoming a better musician is the end game.
    Josechiky