DjangoBooks.com

"Django in action" photos

sadowsadow ✭✭ Altamira M30 Antique
in Photos Posts: 57
Just for the hell of it, I've gathered a few of what I believe to be lesser known shots of Django at the helm.
BucowimBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• edited March 2017 Posts: 4,730
    The bottom right I saw the first time on last year's Django in june poster and I thought it's such a badass moment of him playing.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,454
    Thanks for that - and it's good to see the Selmer 503 in all six photos (edit: my mistake, top middle is not the 503!). There are too many pics of Django playing weird crappy guitars!

Look how different the left hand finger positions are in top-right and bottom-left pics. It's clear he's fretting notes, you hear it said that those two fingers were frozen in place like a claw, but I think that's just an urban myth - you can see some limited mobility there.
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Interesting! Thanks for pointing that out, Wim.

I haven't seen the photo in the middle of the top row before. Is it the J'attendrai guitar?
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I think so. The short-scale oval hole, the ugly duckling. I wonder where this guitar is now???
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    I think so. The short-scale oval hole, the ugly duckling. I wonder where this guitar is now???

Seriously, where is that guitar? We know where #503 is. We know where that guitar that Les had is.

Where is the guitar that he played a lot of his most celebrated music on?
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    edited March 2017 Posts: 98
    From his expression on the bottom right he must have picked the G note.
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    edited March 2017 Posts: 98
    alton wrote: »
    Wim Glenn wrote: »

Seriously, where is that guitar? We know where #503 is. We know where that guitar that Les had is.

The guitar that Les had has been woken up recently. Still trying to find the video (if it exists).

alton