DjangoBooks.com

The Django Reinhardt Festival Samois-Sur Seine – Tradition and Change | Blog

DjangoBooksDjangoBooks Seattle✭✭✭ All of them!
edited June 2017 in Europe Posts: 446
imageThe Django Reinhardt Festival Samois-Sur Seine – Tradition and Change | Blog

By Barry Wahrhaftig The Django Reinhardt Festival de Samois is the annual celebration to honor the legacy and memory of the guitarist/composer Django Reinhardt. As I’m sure that mos

Read the full story here

Tagged:
Buco

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thanks to Barry for this great piece!
    HCPhilly
  • terrassierterrassier France
    "And this year it looks like the Festival is scheduled for the 2nd week in July, while the camping at Samoreau is last week of June into July"

Thanks for the article .........

So the campsite is open for biz - jamming as usual ?
    Menno van der Reijden
  • HCPhillyHCPhilly Phila. PA✭✭✭✭
    terrassier wrote: »
    "And this year it looks like the Festival is scheduled for the 2nd week in July, while the camping at Samoreau is last week of June into July"

Thanks for the article ......... Terrassier, De rien!

So the campsite is open for biz - jamming as usual ?
    Yes, that is what I have heard.
    You can connect with me on Facebook, and also Menno, Irene Ypenburg, etc.
    -B

Menno van der Reijden
  • SteveASteveA New
    What an amazing article! The author succinctly conveyed the history, his personal experience and that of other great players in a single article. And it's rare to see a referenced literature these days. The author is clearly not a casual writer but an artist and part of the intelligencia. Well done, sir! I hope to see you there later this month.
  • So the campsite is open for biz - jamming as usual ?[/quote]
    Yes, that is what I have heard.
    You can connect with me on Facebook, and also Menno, Irene Ypenburg, etc.
    -B

[/quote]

I'm here also Terrassier, but not very often. Best you apply for my facebook page Samois going Djangofiles . . .
    Menno
  • normally during the last WE of June festival the campsite has no limits to jamming. Trumpets or loud instruments will have to be excluded from the time of 3AM. Now during second WE of July there is a total music curfiew starting at 3AM. That has to do with the French holiday season and nog musicians camping there too. Mind normally the loudness curfiew is valid from 10PM and the exception is only made during the Django Reinhardt festival week.
    Menno